Catriona Morison’s Tabi’s Chicken Pie
This recipe was given to me by a friend who knows I love to cook, bake, and eat!
3 cups white flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup water
Filling: 250kg chicken breast
1 large onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 large tomato
Green peas - as much as you’d like (can be frozen) I use lots!
Salt and pepper to season
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C
2. Start by mixing all of the ingredients of the dough together. You’ll know it’s ready when it stops sticking to your hands.
3. Place the dough in the fridge for minimum of 30 minutes.
4. Cook the chicken through and once it’s cooked, pull it and set it to one side.
5. Fry the onions and garlic until they soften and turn golden, then add the peas and chopped tomato, followed by the cream cheese to create a watery-creamy sauce. Add the chicken. Season as desired.
6. When everything is cooked, take the dough from the fridge and use 2/3 for the base and sides of the pie. Roll out thinly and cover the base and sides of the dish you’ll use.
7. Add the filling to the dish, over the dough base.
8. Roll out the remaining 1/3 of the dough for the top of the pie, and cover the dish. If there’s too much dough, just cut off the excess.
9. Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until the dough starts to turn golden.
10. Serve with salad and enjoy!